Marvel Anime: Wolverine 10 – Kikyo and Vadhaka Returns


And Kikyo ended up not that generic while Vadhaka has some upgrades. Oh, and Kurohagi has Willy Wonka’s Glass Elevator with less buttons! I guess you now have an idea how crazy this episode is!

Boooring...

If there is one thing I that I hate in this episode is that even if Vadhaka slowly loses his Hulk generic-ness (Damn it, Marvel and Madhouse, just give us Sabertooth or Hulk fighting Logan already!), his fights with Logan are crappy. I don’t know what is wrong with Vadhaka but he is one boring boss asides that he lacks personality for being well, a statue.

YEAHH!!

What makes this episode fun to watch is because of Kikyo. Yes, I complain a lot in my previous reviews because of his generic-ness as a samurai and in this episode, it adds up to his generic-ness when we learned that he has this moral code as a samurai. But what makes this generic-ness lovable is that he is willing to disobey his boss just because of his morals! Heck, he even faced Vadhaka because he wants Logan for himself and because he is quite injured… and it is epic!

For the overall fights, it was better than the previous episodes that involve a giant statue, a samurai and a guy with claws. What makes the fights more enjoyable is that it turns out that Kikyo has something more in his sleeve as a mutant with pop-out katanas. Seriously, I was in awe in his fight scenes!


Overall, it is a rare episode of this anime that I can say they went quite over the top. The fights are good, the transitions with every scene was good. But I guess they will go crazier in the next episode since Logan and Yukio will now storm Dragon Palace and Logan will rescue his love!