Bakuman 24-25 - FINAL


The long is over! In this thrilling finale, Koogy lost (expected), and Niizuma's prediction about a tie at the Golden Future Cup is correct and lastly, the dreaded serialization meeting. Will Ashirogi Muto's Sneaky Detective TRAP be serialized in Shonen Jack?


If there is one thing I noticed in the last two episodes is that they added quite an amount of filler content. First is that the scene in which Azumi talked with Mashiro was extended into episode 25. To be honest, I find it weird at first since why would the writers decided to extend that simple scene until I saw how they resolved it in the 25th episode. Good job, JC Staff and lastly, more Hiramaru foreshadowing and as a fan, it makes me happy.

Now to the serious stuff, if there is one thing that I really liked in this series, probably the meetings. The meetings show the behind the scenes look on what is happening on our favorite series and how we are able to read it on the said magazine. Those scenes gave this series a unique feel from the other shows along with the aura it is emitting that it cause me to get nervous as I see the characters outside the studio worried about the results of the meeting.


If there is one thing that I can praise about the last two episodes is that it was more aimed with the show's romantic build-up between Mashiro and Azuki. I mean, about time for the two to talk! Also, Azuki was like, doing not much in the series and the last two episodes is the perfect opportunity to play with the two lovers.

Overall, the finale was good. The choice of ending the series half a chapter and adding filler to extent a scene from one chapter for us to have a really good finale was at first, a weird choice but seeing the end result, I am glad that they do it. As for the choice of the arc to end, it is climatic which cause me to crave more Bakuman in the next season to see how our heroes strive with their TRAP serialization.

And next season, we have Miura, more Hiramaru and more TRAP woes! Can't wait!

Images from Random Curiosity, too lazy to get screencaps.