Deadman Wonderland 01 - Dead Man Walking Review


What a first episode! It starts off a regular day in some middle school and it ends with you being accused of mass murder since you are the only guy who survived from mass murder made by some guy in red! Anyways, here's my review on Deadman Wonderland episode 1.


The pilot episode was too bloody, has some swearing, too much teen angst and I love it! The fact that he was falsely accused on a crime he didn't commit makes things interesting, along with the people who are scheming behind the back to make him look like the culprit. Seriously, this kind of a pilot episode rarely happens that is why I love it.

First impressions on the character, Ganta is the average plain protagonist that gets interesting during the later half. Shiro is one fun female protagonist while as for the people who are behind Deadman Wonderland, the lawyer and the female captain, the lawyer is obviously, one creepy character while as for the female captain, I have high hopes that she will continue to be interesting till the very end.

First impression on the facility, Deadman Wonderland it's a weird facility since the episode never elaborated much why this is "special" compared to the other prison camps that I know asides that it is owned by some private individual, I am not impressed as of now. But in terms of security features, the collar attached in the prisoners' necks is kinda impressive.


Overall, it was a good start. The action was fast and they introduced every concept I need to learn about this show, such as the Red Man, the collaborators on Ganta's imprisonment and subtly, the "candy" that one prisoner keeps on mentioning which the other prisoners eat. If there is one thing that I was surprised in this episode, that would be Ganta's superpowers. No seriously, I was expecting for this series to be as realistic as possible but nooo, they gave me some guy with a randomly inserted superpower and has a cheesy way on activating it.