First Two Weeks of the Second Semester. Groan. Part I.

This week is my third week in the second semester in the same institution like that of first semester. Since it’s a new semester, I am expecting new classmates, new teachers and more mental workout.

Since I feel my fingers need some exercise, I decided to write down the summary of events that happened in my first two weeks in the new semester.


Week 1.

Tuesday, the start of the second sem.
Subjects: Accounting for three hours and History with Politics for one hour.

In the first day in the second semester, I arrived 5 minutes before class starts. I rushed to the stairs to my classroom. I took a deep breath, peeked at the cross-shaped hole-thing design in the door and spotted the same classmates. Nothing new.

While waiting for our professor, I continued my reading of Dracula. Prof arrived and it turned out to be the same professor like that of last year. Oh, boy.

After he arrived, after a short prayer we started out lesson. After three hours of lecture, taking down notes, I went to the cafeteria and bought my lunch. My next class is at 12nn. Since I still have time, I went to the nearest internet café and use the internet. After an hour, I have a hard time looking for the said room, until my classmates pointed out the way going to our room. Riiight.

When I arrived on the third floor, the nursing students still occupied our room where we supposed to have our class. After they left, we entered and wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Oh what the heck, it’s over fifteen minutes! A friend of mine asked me if I am leaving, I ask him if he is leaving, he replied, “Yes”. Due to peer pressure and to obvious sign that our prof will not meet us, I left the room. I returned to the café and spend 20 pesos for 2 hours use of the computer.

Wednesday, second day of the second sem.
Subjects: Group Guidance for one hour, Management for one hour, Religious Studies for one hour Business Math for one hour and English for one hour.

The only thing that I am expecting in GG this year is that she will still be our GG teacher… and she is! The topic for that day is about goals, which in my opinion is really helpful. She left us with homework to be passed next week.

I arrived early in my management class, and entered the room with my classmates. I picked my seat and observed their faces. Boy, we have new faces. The teacher arrived. She started writing on the board. She is Chinese. Also the way she speaks has this certain Chinese accent. After she introduced herself, one by one, we introduced ourselves. After the short introduction we have a short discussion. End of classes. Lunch.

Next class is Religious Studies, same case with History with Politics except that I am wishing that we have a different prof. Fifteen minutes has passed, prof is MIA. Missing in Action. I left the room and bought a Cloud 9 bar, returned to the classroom and read Dracula till it is almost time for the next class.

Next class is Business Math. Since this is Business Math, I am expecting that it is like Accounting less the journalizing. And I was right! First lesson is about Interest! Sweet. The part is we can use calculator! Double sweetness. After her class, I went to the café and rented used the internet, stayed for 50 minutes and left.

Next class is English. New teacher and she explained that it is English w/ Research. Noooo! Another reason why decided to take up Accountancy is to run away from the subject known as Research. I failed. She explained that Research is everywhere and you cannot escape from it. Great, just great.

Thursday, third day in the second sem.
Subjects: Same as Tuesday.

To sum things up, what happened in Tuesday happened in Thursday, nothing special.

Friday, fourth day in the second sem.
Subjects: Same subjects as Wednesday less Group Guidance.

Since I have no 7:30 subject, I woke up late, watch TV (To be exact, I watched Kirby Right Back at Ya!, Hunter X Hunter Greed Island and Bleach) and arrived 2 minutes late in class. After her lecture in Management, its importance and its functions, we watched videos stored in her PC, most of her videos are funny commercials. Cool. Love the Tibetan monk themed Pepsi commercial and the Rexona commercial. Smooth hair, FTW!

Same events that happened later on, nothing important to discuss.

Saturday, fifth day in the second sem.
Subject: NSTP

My wish came true! She is still our NSTP teacher! Woohoo! Since we are dismissed early, nothing cool or significant that happened during that day aside that I started writing the first On Analysis post in my blog.

That’s the summary of the events that happened on Week one. Week two coming up next!