Golgo 13 Creator Receives Award!

Thanks to a local TV station, I got a chance to watch one of the longest running manga in Japan entitled, Golgo 13. The show currently is one of the reasons why I try my best to go home early and not to stay too long in the internet cafe. While I was surfing in the net, I saw this article on Anime News Network [dot] Com.

The Japanese government has announced on Thursday that it will award Takao Saito, the creator of the Golgo 13 assassin manga, with The Order of the Rising Sun, Gold Rays with Rosette (pictured at left). Saito had made his professional debut as a manga creator almost 55 years ago when he was only 19. Other honorees in this spring's Order of the Rising Sun induction include former Supreme Court Chief Justice Nirō Shimada and former Speaker of the House of Representatives Tamisuke Watanuki. 
 Wow. No wonder the manga is still currently active today! Kudos to Takao Saito!