Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion HERO TV Dub


We've announced last time that HERO TV will air Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, and now someone has recorded the first episode! To those who don't have cable and wonders how the dub sound like, here it is.


If I remembered correctly, C.C. supposed to be the narrator? Why a guy? Also, I noticed that the opening sequence seemed to be altered a bit. What's with that?! In the first few bits, Kid Lelouch's voice seemed mature. In this sample clip of the  Lapat-Tinig/TV5 dub, kid Lelouch still sound like a kid. 

Lelouch's voice... it's fine. Deep but in my opinion, still is not par with Vincent Guttierez's voice acting.  In some point for me, it felt like he is trying to copy Johnny Yong Bosch's performance. Also, like Vincent back in the first episode, he never had that accent when he uses his Geass.

Kallen's voice... not soldier enough for me.

Since this blog is named after Orange, as a fan of him, I prefer his HERO dub! Sure the TV5 dub was good, but this. This Orange is epic! Lloyd lacks it eccentric-ness that I love in the original Japanese and TV5 dub. 

Suzaku's voice is a little better IMO compared to the TV5 dub. C.C.'s voice lacks this certain force that I loved in the Jap and the TV5 dub. For Charles, lacks force. Nuff said.

Pronunciation of some terms like Britannian and Rivalz are wrong. I love the fact that English phrases that was removed in the TV5 dub's CG: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 dub was retained. Hope they will still retain it till R2. For the script, its fine but on the last bits, Lelouch's infamous, "Ako si Lelouch vi Britannia" line was missing, instead we have this, "Ako si Lelouch..." and we still have the same response from the soldiers. O_O 

Overall, the dub was in-between. It can improve over time. If they pronouced Geass as "Diyes", I might start laughing at them since they never watched how the other station did it!