150-Word Review: Dragonball Evolution


Out of boredom, I decided to create another segment called, 150-Word Review, in which I will review a certain title within 150 words or less, and for its first run, I will review one of the most “loved” US anime adaptations of all time that fans want to “remember” it so dearly, and that is: Dragonball Evolution.

Note: Some parts of the introduction are sarcasm.

The film sucks. Want me to expand it? First, Goku is a teenager, second, he is not innocent and his innocence is one of the driving forces in the original manga and anime! I mean, if you watched or read DragonBall Z, Bulma and co. were surprised that he had a child! I mean, he has no brief idea on how to do it!

Second, it is not faithful to the original source and my personal favorite, the humor is watered down. The only good thing about it is that Roshi is still Roshi… and that’s it. Oh, did I mention that the Namek race was mentioned earlier compared to its source in which it was mentioned sometime in DBZ and not in DB!

Overall, skip it, and if you bought the copy, burn it. But hey, at least the effects were decent… and Kamehameha being related to Airbending!

First one reached exactly 150 words, not bad for the first review! Now, if you are satisfied with this one, what title or titles you wished for me to review within or less than 150 words, just post your comments below!