Maaya Sakamoto & Kenichi Suzumura, Now Married


It's been announced that singer/voice actress Maaya Sakamoto (Evangelion, Ouran High School Host Club, Arakawa Under the Bridge, Escaflowne, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny, Final Fantasy VII Advent Children) and voice actor Kenichi Suzumura (Kamen Rider Den-O, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny, D.Gray-man, Ouran High School Host Club, Final Fantasy VII Advent Children) got married on August 8th.


Sakamoto stated, "In my life, I’ve always prioritized what I love, what made me happy and comfortable, and tied them to my future. Therefore, even with marriage, it’s something I wanted from the bottom of my heart, so I responded to those feelings." She continued, "When I’m with Mr. Suzumura, I feel calm. He is a kind person. For me to sing, act, and live as myself from here on, it’s hopeful to have a reliable partner by my side. Please watch over us warmly."

Meanwhile, Suzumura commented, "I am given strength to be with a woman that’s full of intelligence and energy. I’m already a merry person, but I laugh even more with her. She is an irreplaceable person who I love to spend time with."

He also wrote, "It’s been 17 years since I started voice acting. With this work, it is necessary to have many feelings. The moment my heart is moved in my day-to-day life turn to provisions, and it changes my expressions. I am certain that my new life will bring more provisions. What kind of things are awaiting me? What kind of expressions and emotions will I encounter? For a happy future, I will do my best to live as myself. I will do my best to deliver that happiness to someone with my expressions."

To those who still don't have the idea who they are, to put it simply, Aerith and Zack of Final Fantasy VII got married, or Lunamaria and Shinn of Gundam SEED got married and to Ouran High fans, Haruhi married Hikaru! From all of us here, congratulations!

Source: natalie via tokyohive, MyAnimeList for the voice actor info (link 1, link 2)