Mega Man - Still Important to Capcom


After the cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3 and Mega Man not being part of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, many fans wondered if Capcom will put the Mega Man brand to rest. Recently, Capcom's Christian Svensson answered during a video Q & A all the questions that bothering fans regarding Mega Man.

"Oh, absolutely not. The frustrating thing for me is I have nothing I can hold up and say, ‘Oh, here’s this other Mega Man thing’. Absolutely, we have other things… Mega Man is a very important brand to Capcom. We get questions [like] ‘Are you guys trying to kill the brand?

"No, absolutely not. It will continue to be a very important brand for us. I wish I had something I could hold and display for you that that’s the case, but I don’t right now. But super, super important to us; I do want to express that."

He also answered the question regarding the cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3, he says, "The decision was not made lightly. Certainly, we knew there would be a lot of upset people and in spite of that, we still had to make that decision. That doesn’t mean we don’t care about you at all. I unfortunately can’t get into the details of it, but it was not a decision that was made lightly and I can tell you that no one is happy about that decision, but it was a decision that had to be made."

Source: Capcom Unity via Siliconera