Kamen Rider BLACK 39 – Mog-rog, Mog-rog

Kotaro: HK Subs, NOOO!

When I bought a Kamen Rider BLACK DVD last year, which I will describe the DVD packaging as this, the cover was Kamen Rider Den-O doing his usual pose alongside with Kamen Rider 1 (The First Ver.) with this title written on the cover, the Japanese characters for Kamen Rider and the words BLACK RX. This was partly true considering that the Rider 1 – RX Special was also part of the DVD. Since the DVD that I bought in the sidewalk, obviously, the entire thing was Hong Kong subbed. Thank God, it never had the Black Superman sub in it!

Since I had the DVD, I decided to watch the entire series in marathon style. Because I watch it in this style, there are chances that I fall asleep due to the amount of fillers before the main plot kicks in. From those filler eps, only a couple of those I never fell asleep, and one of those fillers is this, the episode that I am to review right now that I just downloaded from Century Kings.

Lesson Learned: Never watch a series with many fillers if you have time. Try as much as possible, skim if the filler episode is interesting or not.


The episode is about a pop idol, Ooi Yuko who only releases her direct to home video videos. Because one customer gave Kyoko a VHS tape, they watch it and Kotaro was lucky enough to watch her sing her single, MOGROG ~My Love is Yours~. Wait. MOGROG? Strange.

Ryuutaros' break dancers?

Anyways, that is what the entire episode revolves around, the song and the one singing it, Ooi Yuko. It turned out to be another Gorgom plot, and this time, they used an innocent idol video to lure them into slavery. Because of a hidden hypnotizing factor of the song, those who watched the video became Yoko’s slaves, I mean, obsessed fans. Wow. Kamen Rider BLACK predicted something that will happen in the future!

On her mind: He Rider Punch me desu~!

What will Kotaro do right now that some of these guys are hunting him down thanks to Ryoko’s charm? Will we learn the secret behind Ryoko? That’s I want you guys to find out.

MOE - It exist in the 80's

The entire episode was one of the weirdest episodes of the series that I watched. For one, the used an innocent middle schooler as their disguise for their plot and in some point, Kotaro believed that she was just a victim of Gorgom’s plot (Which was partly right.).

Second, this episode reminded me of the first episode of Shaider that I watched. That episode is about one band that is being controlled by the Fuuma Empire. Third, the entire episode was something a kid would easily notice. I mean, MOGROG? Who will name that kind of name for a song?

The fun thing about the episode was the fact that there is some point in the episode that the viewers felt like Kotaro was not controlled by her charm due to him being a modified human. But even him can’t resist her charm.

The bad thing about the episode, aside from it being filler is that its one of those Gorgom plots that is obviously a Gorgom plot that even a kid can notice it at the start of the episode! I mean, it almost took them half the episode to figure out that MOGROG is just an inverse to GORGOM!

Century Kings did a great job in subbing this episode. Aside from the neat karaoke effects, the translation was good. My only problem with the sub is the font for the text. It’s sometimes distracting due to the font style. I prefer the former font style used in the earlier releases.

Overall, the entire episode was mediocre. The only good thing about the episode is the MOGROG song… that is all about it. Can someone point out to me the episodes in which an FBI agent came to Japan and saw BLACK’s Dragon Kick?