Dissidia: Final Fantasy Sequel Screenshots!

Promo art for 012 Dissidia.

Yes. I was surprised when I saw this. Due to the success of the first Dissidia: Final Fantasy game on the PSP, we now have the sequel called Dissidia Duodecim. The world, Duodecim in Latin means "twelve." Does this mean that we might have twelve new characters or does it mean something else? Anyways, here are some screenshots from the upcoming game.

Can someone wake me up? Am I seeing my favorite Dragoon, Kain from FFIV pawning Cecil? [Happy Fanboy]

Lightning vs. Garland. Not that interested.

From the entire Final Fantasy roster, only FFIV's Kain Highwind and FFXIII's Lightning are confirmed to be added. Back then, Tetsuya Nomura wanted to add Lightning in the first Dissidia but because it might affect the development of FFXIII or spoil something from it, it was cancelled. This game is slated to be released on the PSP in Japan this 2011.