Marvel Anime: X-Men 04 - Second Mutation


In this episode, Emma mutates for the second time, Hisako tags along with the rest of the X-Men and they now head to New York in which along the way, some monster attacked them or should I say, a flying mutant.


I find Emma's new power to turn her entire body into diamond really cool. My only problem with it is that its debut was too cliche, too convenient. Because of what happened to Emma, the issue about the Daemon Hall Syndrome was brought up.... which causes Hisako to get worried. I find Hisako tagging along with the X-Men who will return to New York to give Emma the cure weird. Sure, her mutant abilities are really great but she is somewhere in middle school!

This episode also features the possible side effect of the Daemon Hall Syndrome. To be honest, I find it really creepy especially what happened to his body which causes him to go berserk and attack the Blackbird. Because they learned that this mutant came from Tohoku, it seems that X-Men will take a second trip back to Japan.


Overall, it was a strong episode that establishes a lot of central plots for the series. Namely, the second mutation, Tohoku being the center of it all and lastly, Hisako's relationship with Emma which causes me to squeal a bit due to how it looked like... if you know what I mean.