Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger 22 - Shooting Stars, Dinosaurs and Joe's Grocery

I don't wanna close my eyes, I don't wanna fall asleep cause I miss you babe, and I don't wanna miss a thing~! Sorry, can't help it.

Since Kamen Rider OOO is about to end, why not name this review based on the show's naming pattern... or I am just lazy to give a name for this review. Anyways, the episode marks the debut of the Super Sentai Encyclopedia, a guide made by Gai for the crew so that they won't mess up or mistook this team into that team (like what happened in the previous episode) but nope, it is not the main focus of this episode, but the kid who made a promise with his friend to watch a meteor shower one year later. Wait a minute, how did they know that there would be a meteor shower one year later?!


This episode is basically, filler which shows Joe's "admiration" towards people who are similar to Marvelous, people who are determined to fulfill their dreams even if in the midst of danger. I like this part, but what I hate about this filler is the kid, I didn't feel his character overall that in some point, I am quite annoyed with his presence which reminded me of the first episode of Zyuranger which the Zyurangers were awakened in the real world, not just to stop Bandora, but to save two kids inside a space shuttle! What's more is that what's the logic behind sending kids to outerspace in space mission?! Now back to the episode, sure the story was a bit lame, but the episode shows to us that Gil is quite a competent leader that he didn't let Stargle to die and instead just turn him into a giant so that the he can still have control over the giant asteroid.

More about the episode, a lot of scenes in this episode are truly worth watching, such as the out of suit fights, though not as good as episode 13 nor the Koichi Sakamoto episodes, but still good. My only problem with it is that the pacing of the fights was a bit slow. More on the "truly worth watching scenes" the entrance of the GokaiOh was amazing, and so does the entrance of the GouZyu* Drill and the GaoLion. It looks simple, and at the same time stunning, and those scenes are just the icing on the cake! To top this episode's "worth watching scenes" that would be the the Shinken GokaiOh throwing the GouZyuJin in outer space and used its drill to pierce the asteroid till it breaks! What's more is that the scene prior to that felt like a scene from Armageddon in which Bruce Willis decided to sacrifice his life instead of the life of his daughter's boyfriend! Take note, I was singing "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" I was watching the scene.


Overall, it was an average filler episode with a lot of epic scenes, blame the irritating kid. Also, I still love the fact that Joe still doesn't care what's the difference between a Dinosaur Sentai and a Burstosaur or if you prefer, Bakuryu Sentai since they both have dinosaurs in it.


* Will be using GouZyu from now on since there is no proper romanization for the name of GokaiSilver's mecha and also, to put more impact on the mecha's Zyuranger reference.