Final Fantasy VI Revisited.


It was a scene that can never be repeated unless it will be remade into full CGI cutscene. Pic courtesy of GameSpot.
It’s been quite some time since I have played FFVI. The last time I Played was last year in which I am almost finished the game. Because of our PC being reformatted, my game file is obviously erased and I have no chance to make a backup… till I remembered that I gave my classmate a CD of all my games in the GBA. And tada! I was replaying the game… for the nth time! But that doesn’t stop a fan to play it.

In case you are wondering about my progress, I am finished with the opera scene and about to infiltrate the Magitek Facility in Vector. Let’s talk about the opera scene.
When I first watched this scene back in 2007, the hairs on my back raised like it is some sort of a magical event that you would not forget forever and it is. Even though it is on 16-Bit with voice acting on 16-Bit, the scene is really… hair tingling. Fast forward to 2009, the scene still has the same effect on me. Woah. It’s been 2 years since I have watched it in my SNES emulator before replaying it on my GBA emulator. While watching the scene, I observed that Celes, when on front view, kinda look-like Taylor Swift. LOL. Hope that Square-Enix will remake it on the PSP simply because we want to see a decent gaming experience plus the characters are fully rendered in 3D. Seriously, who wants to see Kefka destroy the world in full widescreen glory?