Anime Shows That I Didn’t Have a Chance to Watch When It Aired on TV.

Sorry for the long title but title says it all. There some instances when even how dedicated I am in terms of anime but there are some shows I didn’t have the chance to watch when free TV offered it. Here are some of them:

Full Metal Panic – when FMP aired here in the Philippines, in the other TV station the show that aired on the same timeslot along with FMP is Gundam SEED. That is so hard since both shows involve mecha and when the TV station offered reruns, every weekend, Inuyasha is on the same timeslot with FMP!

Witch Hunter Robin – I had classes when Robin aired every afternoon and when I arrived home, the show is halfway, so I don’t know the show’s plot ending my appetite to watch this show.

Neon Genesis Evangelion – simply put it as screw by the regional TV network.

B’t X – just look at Evangelion… and I didn’t not have the chance to watch the funky opening scene… with a Filipino opening theme ala Laser Squadron I mean, Hikari Sentai Maskman!

DragonBall – when the first DragonBall first aired every Sunday, we attend mass on the time this show aired and when we will attend mass earlier or later than its timeslot; my mom forced me to have naps! And when it aired on Primetime my parents are watching the news on the other network… and they didn’t offer to rerun it! DBZ AND DBGT have more reruns compared to the original.

Ghost in the Shell – it was offered in GMA’s OVA Afternoon Timeslot in which they aired anime OVA’s on that timeslot. Heaven in my own opinion since OVA means Original Video Animation and all OVA’s are straight to VHS and DVD back then. However, when this aired in the Philippines, I find it too dark in my taste back when I was 10 or 12. Now, I had interest on watching it and I spotted an original VCD copy of it!

Hell Teacher Nube – Seriously, I want to watch this! But since my parents are watching the news, I haven’t got the chance to watch this, okay, if I had chance, I would only catch up with the middle part of the show OR the ending credits!

Trigun – Same case with Nube except I watched a clip from an episode of the show.

And Lastly… Mazinger Z – I wasn’t born when it aired!